Renting vs Buying Transport Equipment For Your Business: A List Of Pros And Cons
May 10, 2018
There are many businesses out there that rely on the use of transport equipment. While there are some that invest the money into buying and owning the equipment themselves, there are others that choose to rent what they need from a company such as http://www.rentco.com.au/portfolio/trucks/. If you are on the fence about which idea is the best for your company, here is a list of pros and cons that should make things clear for you.
– If you buy transport equipment, it will always be available when you need it. There will be no need to call anyone and ask about availability. You can have what you need at your fingertips at all times.
– There are some expenses pertaining to the equipment that you will be able to deduct on your taxes. For instance, if there is something that needs to be fixed, the cost of repairs can be written off as a business expense.
– You will have to invest all of the money for the equipment right now, or at least come up with a sizable down payment. If you don’t have a lot of money on hand, this is not the best financial position to be in.
– Once the equipment is no longer usable, you will have to figure out how to dispose of it. This is not something that you can toss away with the regular trash. You may have to invest a great deal of time and/or money in order to get rid of it.
– If you do not use this equipment all the time, leasing is a good idea. This is because you can use it for a short time, return it to the owner and avoid having to pay a ton of money for something that is not in use.
– When the equipment has issues and there needs to be repairs made, that is something the owner will have to deal with. You will not have to worry about the costs associated with trying to get it back in working order.
– While leasing costs may seem pretty reasonable at the beginning, the reality is that all of this will add up. By the time you pay to use something for several years, you will have invested so much that it could have been possible to buy your own.
– There may be times when you need the equipment and someone else is leasing it. This can hold you up, which means that time and revenue can be lost. You will have no control over who leases it when you do not have it in your possession.
If you are the owner of a company that needs to have transport equipment available to them, you may have been wondering whether buying or leasing would be the best option for your business. Now that you have all of this information available, your responsibility is to ponder each point and make a decision that would be in the best interest of your business.
The Benefits For Business Owners Of An External Training Company
January 11, 2018
There are a lot of business owners who worry about using an external training company instead of an internal trainer. There are actually a number of benefits that come with the use of an external training company that all business owners should know about. These benefits will show that there is no reason for business owners to be wary of external training companies.
When you work with a reputable external training company, you will ensure that you are working with trained professionals. When you hire your own trainer, you have to believe what their resume tells you and you will never know if they are the best at their job. Training companies will know what they need to look for in trainers and will ensure that the trainers they hire have the correct knowledge and skills.
The professional working with a training company will also be qualified to teach. This is important because not everyone is qualified to teach and will not have the right manner to impart knowledge. The trained professionals hired by training companies will know how to adapt their training models to your business needs and how to determine if your employees are retaining the knowledge.
A Lack Of Knowledge About Your Business
A lot of business owners believe that the lack of knowledge about your business that training companies have is a weakness. The truth is that this can be a benefit to the training. When you have a trainer who has in-depth knowledge of your company, assumptions will be made during the training. The trainer could believe that the employees all have the same knowledge that they have and this is not always true.
When the trainer does not have any knowledge of your business workings, you will not have to worry about these assumptions. The trainer will also be able to explain the use of the software or skills that they are showing in a way that all of your employees will understand. They will also be more objective when questions are raised by your employees during the training.
You Will Save Money
Business owners are always looking for ways to save money and they often believe that external training companies will be too large an expense. The truth is that hiring an external training company will actually save you money when compared to hiring an internal trainer. This is due to the fact that you will only have to pay the external company when you need training.
When you have an internal trainer, you will need to pay them a salary even when they do not have to train anyone. This can be a large expense for smaller businesses which can be avoided by using an external company. Most external training companies will only charge you for the actual training that they complete and will not require a retainer. When looking at the overall costs, this will be better for the bottom line of your company.
Why Your Business Should Have An Email Filtering Service
November 20, 2017
Email filtering is an efficient service that helps filter out unwanted spam emails from your inbox. Although most spam emails may be harmless, some can be quite risky particularly if they find their way in your inbox and are clicked on. Hackers and other malicious people may use phishing emails to dupe you into clicking to links, which under instances gives them access to your private information, network, or even infect the entire network with malware. Having an email filtering service (either in-house or cloud-based) is therefore recommended for all businesses and companies.
Benefits of Using an Email Filtering Service
1. Reduce server load and data volumes
According to research, 7 out of 10 emails sent to company emails are spam. Unless the company has an email filtering service, these junk emails can cause an unexpected load on the server. With such high amounts of junk mails, email volumes can easily spike making it almost impossible for the mail server to process each in time. This could also cause you to spend more money on internet and mail services as well. Nevertheless, investing in a robust email filtering and processing service can help keep unwanted emails out, hence reduced server load.
2. Minimize spam, malware, and virus exposure
Picking real emails from a long list of junk mails is not only tiring but also leads to massive time wastage. Nevertheless, having a filtering system in place can help reduce the time you spend going through emails. In addition to this, applying local filters can help improve efficiency as well as reduce the risk of clicking on junk emails with malicious content inside. About 90% of all junk mail contain attachments, most of which once downloaded to your computer can infect the entire network with a virus, malware, and such. An efficient filtering system can therefore help reduce such risks effectively.
3. Improved large-scale email sending performance
Sending large batches of emails to email subscribers and other interested parties can be quite a challenge if your mail server is laden with junk emails. It becomes even more difficult if your mail server has been exposed to the internet. With a mail filter in place, sending large volumes of emails is as easy as clicking a button. The mail server will have enough resources and capacity to process and send out these emails successfully without any glitches. Another advantage of this service is that it prevents malicious individuals from injecting harmful code to your servers.
4. Reduces risk of being blacklisted
Without an email filtering service, your mail server will be prone to hacking and even be unable to detect malicious content send through it. Most servers will blacklist any server recognized to send malicious code or emails, which can be bad for your business. With your company mail server blacklisted, it will be almost impossible for recipients using blacklist monitors to receive your emails. This could translate to low performance. Nevertheless, having a filtering service in place can help prevent possible infections from the network, thus a reduced risk of an attack.
It only takes one infected machine for an entire company network to be compromised. To be on the safe side, have a trustworthy, robust, and reliable email filtering in place.